Chelsea Clinton isn’t alone in feeling “sick” about the “awful” and “unconscionably terrible” rapes being perpetrated by Muslim refugees.
Her tweet Wednesday night, heralded by Left and Right alike, was in response several never-trending stories on the topic:
- Sweden has charged five teenagers from Afghanistan with aggravated rape after they threatening a boy with a knife and raped him.
- A 17-year old Muslim refugee has been charged in the rape and murder of a 19-year-old medical student and immigration volunteer whose body was found left in a river.
- Syrian refugee Soleiman Hajj Soleiman, 39, was charged with six counts of sexual assault and six counts of sexual interference after several teenage girls reported that he inappropriately touched them while they were swimming at the waterpark.
- A pregnant 23-year-old woman who was raped in a refugee detention camp in Nauru and taken to Australia for medical attention.
- Somali immigrant Mohamed Ayanle, 22, is facing two felonies after allegedly raping a woman on a bus in Polk County, Minneapolis.
The list is but a glimpse of what is happening across the globe. Hopefully this type of activism by heroic women like Chelsea Clinton will help push U.S. policy on refugee resettlement in the right direction. And by direction I mean “back to the hell hole you came from.”
CORRECTION: My apologies. It turns out that the sheer disgust expressed by Chelsea Clinton in her tweet Wednesday wasn’t about victims of rape but about ICE officials detaining a transgendered illegal immigrant who already had been deported six times following arrests for possession of stolen mail, false imprisonment, and assault. We sincerely regret the error.